BMW ISTA P stands for Integrated Service Technical Application Programming. It is a dealer-level diagnostic software that replaced the older version SSS Program programming software. ISTA/P is primarily used for processing all coded, programmed, and enable-dependent control modules of BMW vehicles.
With the use of a K+DCAN or ENET cable or Enet WiFi adapter or ICOM Next A, you’ll be able to diagnose, calibrate, read and delete memory errors, battery register, and code and program most your BMW vehicle modules.
The ISTA P should be used with an ICOM Next A interface. To cover all your vehicle modules, you will need the BMW ICOM A, B, and C for BMW vehicles that were produced before June 2001. Also you need to have the BMW ISTA software, like ISTA 4.34 or ISTA 4.35 the latest in 2022.
When programming with BMW ISTA P, you need to observe the following precautions:
• Always follow the instructions and requests given in ISTA/P.
• Leave your vehicle’s ignition switched on.
• Do not cut or interrupt the connection between your vehicle, the workshop network, and the vehicle interface.
• After any action initiated in the luggage compartment, always close the the boot lid to prevent overheating the luggage compartment lighting.
• You should not perform any other activity in your vehicle while programming aside from what is instructed by ISTA/P.
Programming with ISTA P is only possible with an ICOM and a 70+ amp rated Power Supply.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PROGRAM WITH ISTA+ WITHOUT THESE TWO ITEMS!
* Programming can be accessed via the “Vehicle management” / “Software update” menu.
* The planned actions are initially produced in the measures plan. The measures plan determined after the vehicle test can be done directly in the “Comfort” tab, or added to manually beforehand in the “Advanced” tab, then calculated and executed.
* The car can be programmed to the latest I level using the comfort software update without any further actions based on the measures plan which has already been determined. Or alternative way, you can use BMW Esys to individual program each module if you know how.
* It is not possible to select additional actions manually in this menu.
* Initialisations and follow-up operations that might be required are automatically added during the measures plan calculation.