X-431 PRO Test: 2012 Ford Mondeo Steering Angle Sensor Calibration Instructions
Tested Model: Ford Mondeo, 2012, VIN=WFOGXXGBBGCB*****
1. This function is used to configure the steering angle sensor and calibrate the steering wheel position. Perform this function when corresponding sensors are replaced or the steering wheel position is not accurate.
2. Keep the vehicle on a flat surface, and the steering wheel is set at straight ahead position.
1. Select Ford version above V45.20.
2. Select automatic search.
3. Select Fuel Type=Gasoline.
4. Select “System Selection”
5. Select ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)/ESP (Electronic Stability Program) exhaust.
6. Check vehicle status and ensure that the vehicle is in required status: Vehicle on a flat surface, and the steering wheel is set at straight ahead position.
7. Select Special Function
8. Place the key to ON position in order to turn the steering wheel. Because of the great force of friction between tires and the ground, in order to turn the steering wheel more easily, it is advised to start the engine at this moment
9. Turn the steering wheel to the left and right respectively about 10 degree, then back to the straight ahead position.
10. After clicking OK, it counts down from 4 seconds configuring the module.
12. After this procedure succeeded, some vehicles may produce fault code due to this function execution, thus it is required to do self-test and clear the DTC, but most of the vehicles will not set fault codes.
13. After confirmation, it prompts to turn the ignition key to OFF to end the test.